Don’t you just hate the idea of dust lurking in your home’s every nook and cranny? Are you out of ideas on how you can get rid of it? Regular cleaning is not enough to lessen one’s exposure to these allergens. What your house needs a professional’s help, which you can get from the best air purifier for dust mites.
Dust not only makes your home look dirty but also causes a lot of health issues, especially respiratory concerns. Aside from allergic reactions, dust and the microscopic pests it carries can trigger asthma symptoms and attacks.
How so? Dust harbor pests that, when inhaled, can harm our respiratory system. You only see these little pests under a microscope, which are considered the number one allergen inside every home.
A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites
Dust Mite Sensitivity
The most common side effect of dust mites is allergic rhinitis, which can be associated with the following symptoms:
- Itchy and watery eyes
- Nasal congestion
- Sinus pressure
- Runny nose
These side effects may vary from mild to severe and can even lead to severe asthma attacks.
How Do We Lessen Our Exposure to Dust and Dust Mites?
Places with high humidity are more susceptible to dust mites. This is because dust mites absorb moisture from the air, allowing them to develop and breed. As such, you can find them on any surface, including carpets, furniture, curtain, mattress, blanket, pillow, towel, and more.
Cleaning your home can help in getting rid of them but not eliminate them. One easy way to remove these allergens from your home is through an air purifier.
Best Air Purifier for Dust Mites in 2022 Review
To help with your journey, we decided to check out several air purifiers on the market that are specifically designed to get rid of dust mites. They also help eliminate other airborne impurities so that you can have better indoor air quality.
1. Hathaspace Smart Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter, HSP001
The first option we have is this reasonably priced smart air purifier from Hathaspace. To gain its customer’s trust, this brand aims to provide safe products that are functional and affordable at the same time.
Although this unit is budget-friendly, you can expect it to deliver one of the best performances.
It has five different layers to effectively clean air…
- Prefilter – also called the Nano Cold Catalyst Filter, is on the frontline, trapping large fragments such as pet dander, dust, and other household chemicals
- Activated Carbon Filter – the second layer of defense that gathers odors, smoke, gases, and VOCs found in household products
- Antibacterial Filter – traps and destroys mold spores, bacterias, viruses, and other organic things through the use of nanomaterials
- True HEPA Filter – the most substantial filter of the machine. It removes 99.97% of all airborne impurities, including dust, mold spores, dust mites, pet dander, fungi, and pollen.
- Ionizer – an optional filter that you can switch on and off as needed. It releases negative ions that attach to airborne pollutants to destroy it.
Installing the various air filters is relatively straightforward as long as the instruction is understood and followed. In case you’re worried about electrical safety and ozone discharge, don’t. The California Air Resources Board or CARB certified that this unit is safe for home and office use.
How does this model perform?
This unit stands at 20 by 13 inches, making it smaller than the usual size of air purifiers. It is also lightweight at 12 pounds, allowing you to move the machine from different spots easily.
How does it work? The machine’s simple design allows dirty air to enter the sleek front plate. It then goes straight to the air filtration system. Once purified, the clean air goes back to the room through the top outlet.
All the relevant information and the current status of the machine are shown in a colored LED display. The control panel has six touch buttons arranged in two rows below the display screen on the device’s front plate.
Moreover, its Smart Sensor feature monitors the indoor air quality with real-time feedback shown on the display screen. Additionally, the Auto Mode will adjust the fan’s speed accordingly, depending on the room’s atmosphere.
- Remote controlled
- Filters well
- Controllable ionizer
- Inconvenient control panel placement
- Inconsistent air quality indicator
2. RabbitAir MinusA2 SPA-700A Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier
If you are looking for the perfect air cleaner that works, the MinusA2 air purifier is worth checking out. The product features an Artist’s Series, where you can choose different designs for your machine to complement your room’s decor.
We cannot say that this air purifier has a budget-friendly price, but its features compensate for its amount.
How does the MinusA2 protect you?
The MinusA2 uses six layers of air filtration technology, making it efficient to remove airborne impurities.
- Prefilter –traps large particles, including pet hair and dust mites. This permanent filter is washable.
- Medium Filter – catches smaller particles that escaped through the pre-filter like the large pollen, mold, pet dander, and the more significant dust fragments
- Advanced BioGS HEPA Filter – a True HEPA filter that captures 99.97% of small allergens, fungi, and virus particles
- Customized Filter – you can choose this filter type depending on what you need. The manufacturer offers germ defense, odor remover, pet allergy, and toxin remover.
- Activated Carbon Filter – removes smoke, odors, and other chemical vapors
- Ion Generator – used only when you need it. It will neutralize the pollutants and kill them.
Will this device last long?
This well-built square-shaped air purifier is made from durable metal. A single LED panel at the front indicates if the machine is turned on or off.
The control panel is vertically placed on the front-right side of the machine. The air comes through the front and goes out on the top vent. It is one of the slimmest air cleaners around, measuring just seven inches deep. It stands at 19 inches and 21.4 inches wide.
The MinusA2 is perfect for everyday residential use. It can clean a room that measures up to 700 square feet. You can wall-mount this unit to prevent it from taking up too much space.
Moving it around the house is very easy, too, as it only weighs 19.4 pounds. Plus, the manufacturer offers a five-year warranty for the product.
- Well-built and wall-mountable
- Uses top-quality motor
- Useful in cleaning the air
- Eliminates odor
- Hard to push buttons
3. Alen BreatheSmart Classic Air Purifier
When it comes to removing allergens and other impurities, this customizable air purifier has got it covered. What’s more, it is powerful enough to accommodate large rooms of up to 1,100 square feet.
The polluted air comes in through the sides before passing through multiple layers of filter. It then goes back into the room, clean and fresh, through the top vent.
How does this unit protect your home?
Customers are given options to choose the right HEPA filter according to their needs.
- Pure – specific for allergies, as it can trap airborne allergens like dust, pollen, and dander
- Silver – perfect for asthmatic users with its four layers of protection. It easily traps dust, mildew, mold, bacteria, and more
- FreshPlus – removes tobacco smoke and other household odors from cooking, air fresheners, aerosol sprays, or bleach
- OdorCell – has three layers of HEPA OdorCell, which is ideal for removing pet and other stinky odors
Aside from a reliable HEPA filter, it also comes with an ionizer that can attract airborne contaminants to neutralize and kill them.
What other features do you get from it?
There is a wide selection of colors and designs for the air purifier’s front panel, so you can match it to your room’s décor. It stands at 26.7 inches and has a depth of 10 inches, making it smaller than other air purifiers.
The control panel on top has seven function buttons that are easy to use. It is also covered with a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer, ensuring that you can rely on its assistance, making it a good investment.
You will also find an easy-lift handle placed on the machine’s back for better mobility, and a LED indicator to remind you when it’s time to replace the filter.
For the best experience, it uses WhisperMax technology and a Lights-Off mode so as not to disturb your sleep or daily activities. The Smart Sensor checks the room’s real-time status via the Air Quality Light Indicator, which changes to different colors depending on the current air condition.
The Auto Mode will automatically function to clean the air in the room based on the Smart Sensor’s readings. Lastly, this energy-saving air purifier has a built-in timer with three convenient settings and a child-lock function to prevent kids from playing with the device.
- Works well in removing odor
- Cleans air effectively
- Easy to install
- User-friendly and long-lasting
4. AeraMax 300 Air Purifier
The AeraMax 300 offers a premium air filtration system at a reasonable price point. It can clean a room size of 300 square feet at least five times in an hour using its powerful fan.
This sturdy air purifier measures 25 inches high, 16 inches wide, and eight inches deep. It has a touch-screen control panel found on the front of the device.
This air purifier works by using the classic bottom air entry to top-vent exit airflow concept to clean the air.
What filters does it use?
The device uses the conventional four stages of an air-cleaning system with different filter types per step.
- Activated Carbon Filter – also acts as the machine’s pre-filter that traps large pollutant particles. It can remove household odors from cooking, tobacco, and pets.
- True HEPA Filter – all floating contaminants and allergens are trapped in this layer like pollen, virus, dust mites, pet dander, and the likes
- AeraSafe Antimicrobial Treatment – you will find this built-in layer of protection on top of the True HEPA filter. It keeps odor-causing mildew, bacteria, or fungi from developing.
- PlasmaTrue Technology – is the machine’s ionizer, which you can turn on and off. It produces an ionized field to remove floating pollutants safely.
Here’s how it can benefit your home…
This energy-efficient air cleaner has a SmartSensor aptly named AeraSmart. This feature is responsible for detecting real-time air quality status. A filter replacement indicator is also part of its features to remind you when to change filters.
In addition, you also get a powerful fan that automatically adjusts according to the room’s air quality. You can also manually speed up the fan using the Aera+ Mode.
- Cleans the air of dust and odors
- Easy filter change
- Quiet on low setting
- Affordable filter replacement
- Accurate smart sensor
- No option to turn off lights
- Ionizer is noisy
5. Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier
No products found.
This Winix 5500-2 promises to give your home pure quality air at all times through its excellent air cleaning performance.
How does it work?
With the Winix 5500-2, you get to enjoy the benefits of several filters. As a result, you can rest assured that your family is safe from dust mites and other contaminants lurking in the air.
- Advanced Odor Control Carbon Filter – decreases household smells from pets, tobacco, cooking, and VOCs. It also traps floating particles to extend the life of the True HEPA filter.
- True HEPA Filter – catches 99.97% of airborne impurities as tiny as 0.3 microns.
- PlasmaWave Technology – the permanent filter that breaks down allergens, odor, chemical vapors, and other contaminants without ozone.
Will the Winix 5500-2 meet your expectations?
You can trust that this unit is effective in cleaning the air in a 360 square feet room, capturing 99.97% of airborne particles in just a short period.
Another feature to love is the Auto Mode, which reacts to the air quality meter’s reading and does its job of cleaning the air of impurities. You can be sure that the machine can capture the following pollutants:
- Mold spores
When the unit is set on Manual mode, its function will depend on your chosen setting. You can select from four fan speeds: low, medium, high, and turbo. Choosing the Sleep mode allows you to have a peaceful sleep, as it dulls the lights’ brightness and slows the fan speed.
What’s more, you will never forget to replace the filter on time as the Filter Replacement Indicator will light up when it needs changing. You can choose three different time settings for its Off Timer: one, four, and eight hours. So, there’s no need for you to turn it off manually.
Are you worried about how loud it is? Thankfully, you will barely hear the operating sound of the machine when it’s on the lowest setting. In fact, the noticeable sound when on the high mode is still tolerable.
Each function of the air cleaner has a dedicated button for ease of use. It also comes with a remote control so that you can still operate the device even while you’re on the bed or couch.
Finally, there’s a carrying handle at the back of the device for more effortless mobility, even if it weighs 15.4 pounds.
- Quiet operation
- User friendly
- Cleans the air of floating particles
- Easy to set up
- Washable filter
- Expensive filter replacement
- Inaccurate air quality sensor
6. Medify Air MA-40B Air Purifier
The air purifier from Medify can deal with airborne pollutants through its four stages of air cleaning technology.
What kind of filters does this unit use?
- Prefilter – captures large fragments of pollutants to prolong the air filter’s lifespan
- H13 Medical Grade HEPA Filter – a better filter than True HEPA, as it captures 99.95% of allergens as tiny as 0.1 microns
- Activated Carbon Filter – lessens foul smells from pets, tobacco, and cooking. It also removes formaldehyde and other floating gases and chemicals.
- Ionizer – creates negative ions, enhancing the air filter’s performance while refreshing the air
Is it worth investing in?
This unit can purify an area as big as 800 square feet with its improved enclosure and H13 True HEPA filters. This compact unit is easy to move from different places in your home to the next because of the built-in handle.
For simple and easy filter replacement, all three are placed in one air-tight sealed cartridge. It also includes a Night Mode feature, so the machine can continue to clean the air without disturbing your sleep.
The manufacturer covers the product with a lifetime warranty for parts and service but with strict conditions. The filters should be replaced with authentic Medify Air filters every six months or 2, 500 hours of usage.
- Cleans the air
- Removes odors
- Child lock feature
- Sensor and auto mode works
- Easy to set up
- Costly filter replacement
- Loud on high setting
7. Levoit Core P350 Air Purifier
The Core P350 uses an improved air filtration system. It efficiently removes 99% of air contaminants, including pet dander, so you are left with healthier surroundings.
It has a sleek cylindrical shape that gives it a 360-degree air intake to catch more airborne pollutants.
What can this air purifier do for you?
The Core P350 decreases the spread of bacterias and viruses, as well as capture all kinds of impurities, among which are:
- Pet allergen
- Dust mites
- Tobacco smoke
Is the Core P350 the right air purifier for you?
The control panel on top of the device is easy to understand, which includes the following functions:
- Power button
- Fan speed
- Sleep mode
- Pet-proof or child lock
This unit boasts a three-stage air-cleaning system, utilizing a pre-filter as its first defender. The HEPA filter then follows it, while the activated carbon filter acts as its last protection. The ARC or air reborn carbon formula absorbs the pollutants, breaks it down, and locks it in the filter into harmless molecules.
The air purifier’s design allows it to create a powerful vortex airflow before releasing it upward, increasing air circulation efficiency.
- Relieves allergies
- Eliminates odors
- Quiet on low
- Cleans the air
- No ionizer
- Loud on high
There are certain things that you need to consider before deciding on getting an air purifier. Let’s check some of them.
- Replacement Filter
Make sure that you research how much is the replacement filter of the air purifier you intend to buy. Some of these filters cost almost half the amount of the unit.
Another essential feature that you need to check is how big a room can the air purifier clean so that you can look for the right model.
- Filter Types
Check the filter types and how many layers of protection an air purifier offers to get the most out of your device.
1. What type of air purifier can I use for asthma?
Air purifiers with HEPA filters are the perfect choice for people who have asthma.
2. What kind of maintenance does an air purifier need?
To maintain your device and help it last longer, make sure that you either change or clean the air filters regularly. The maintenance type will depend on the type of filter your unit is using.
3. How long should an air purifier run?
This machine is designed to function continuously to get the best results.
Each of the options we looked at above does their jobs very well. However, to choose the right model for your home, you have to know what your needs are.
If you ask us, the best air purifier for dust mites is the Levoit Core P350 Air Purifier, as it’s the only one that does not have an ionizer. Though most of the machine’s ionizer feature can be turned off and on as needed, it may still affect those with asthma and respiratory problems.